Corporate Governance is at the very core of what we do at Danesmead, but we have also taken steps to consider Environmental and Social factors within our business.
In this rapidly evolving industry, investors are now scrutinising a broader range of factors than ever before when conducting due diligence on managers. From gender and age analysis to culture assessments and employee litigation, investors can dig into every corner during their ODD process. Many of these areas are captured within ESG factors and Danesmead actively works with managers to ensure they are reaching their potential from an ESG initiative perspective.
Danesmead is proud to be the first certified Carbon Neutral company in the Cayman Islands. We have partnered with Carbon Footprint Limited to calculate our carbon emissions and offset them by supporting several projects globally.
Danesmead Principals can assist managers and Funds in areas including the list below to ensure optimal environmental practices are being adopted:
Danesmead and its Principals sponsor and participate in a range of social and charitable initiatives throughout the year.
Danesmead principles can advise managers and Funds on their Social Policies in areas such as the following:
PRINCIPLES FOR RESPONSIBLE INVESTMENT
Danesmead became signatories of the PRI in 2020.
The PRI is the world’s largest proponent of responsible investment. It is an independent body, working to understand the investment implications of environmental, social and governance factors. The PRI consists of an international network of investor signatories, incorporating these factors into their investment and ownership decisions.
The six Principles for Responsible Investment act as a menu for possible actions for incorporating ESG issues into investment practice. Danesmead endeavours to ensure that the Funds its directors govern are adhering to these principles where practical and incorporating them into their investment processes to the best of their ability.
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.